Annandale is a suburb in the of Sydney, in the state of NSW, Australia. Annandale is located within 5 kilometers west of the Sydney CBD business district and is part of the local government area. There are approximately 8,669 people live in this small town. However, many people come to work from other suburb as well. Some of suburbs around Annandale are : Lilyfield Rozelle, Leichhardt, Glebe, Petersham, Stanmore and Camperdown.
This small suburb has many reputed medical centers, dental centers and one specialized hospital. Some of reputed Annandale dentists are : Pal Gopal, Egber Mark, Steven R Johnson and more. Most of dentists offer private dental procedures in this area. Some of dental center offer affordable & after hours dental treatment as well. However, it is highly recommended to visit experienced and friendly dental professionals.
People get the feel of apprehension each time they go to the dentist. It’s possible that the reasons could be because we don’t understand fully how dentists deal with our teeth and different dental procedures. Our teeth is unique to us, it’s actually one way to identify who we really are. So if your friend told you that his dentist did this kind of procedure on his teeth and he felt pain, it doesn’t necessarily mean that the same procedure applies to you. How will you know what must be done on your teeth? Don’t rely on “No Pain, No Need to check” ideals, because most of the time, that’s a pitfall. Brave your fears and visit a dentist.
1. Dentist or Orthodontist?
It is really complicated to differentiate dentist and orthodontist. As most of dental treatment done by both types of practitioner. Most of the times we are confused of the difference between an orthodontist and a dentist. It’s just simple.
Orthodontists – specialize in aligning jaws and straightening teeth. They are also the ones who studied and are knowledgeable in the latest technology in straightening your teeth. Mostly, they are highly specialized for different oral surgery , for example corrective jaw surgery or others.
Dentists – Most of general dental procedures done by dentist. For example, clean teeth, fill cavities, ensure oral hygiene and check your general oral health.
Don’t worry because most clinics in Australia have the combined powers of a dentist and an orthodontist. Or sometimes they are all ortho. Your dentist will recommend an ortho anyway if your teeth needs one.
2. Some people, try to get appointment from well reputed and highly experienced dentist from same suburb or other town as well. However, it is highly recommended to visit local dental center. Because, some of dental procedures might need after hours or emergency dental support. If you have local dentist, you might visit after your working hours as well. So it is really good idea to look for local clinics in your area – there’s no better way for you to find your dentist than to look for one locally.
3. Door to door research – You can do a bit of a scavenger hunt if you like – that is going from one clinic to the other and get to interact with the staff and your dentist or ortho and ask questions.
4. Online Research – If you don’t have time to go on a door to door spree, go check out your local clinics’ websites or patient reviews to know more about a certain doctor or clinic. Not all the things you want to know are on their site though, so you might want to give them a ring and ask the services they offer. You may check health directory websites or local directories patient review dental clinic.
5. Ask your friends – It won’t hurt to ask friends for recommendations in looking for the right fit clinic for you. Although their case is different Than yours, you will still at least get a general idea about how they deal with their patients. 70% Australian patient choose dentist or doctor from friends or family members recommendation.
6. Know why you need to go – a visit to the dentist must not always be because of a toothache or cavity. Regular visits to the dentist ensures oral health. Some times people get confused to select dentist. For example, if you need teeth implants, you should visit dental center who specialized on implants. If they provider oral surgery or children dentistry, you should avoid these clinic.
7. Don’t be scared to ask questions! Your dentist does not have ESP to know the things you want to know without you asking it out. Some people specially children’s are very scared to tell dental problem or ask further question to dentist. It is not a good idea. You should ask question regarding dental treatment, post or pre surgical procedures or special diet.
8. Check your dentist’s background – Do this by simply looking at the posted certificates on their clinic walls or health directory website. Most of dentists has professional page or article published online. If you have time, you may look for that.
9. Build relationships – once you find the One, start making a friendly conversation, share insights, maybe bring some cookies or flowers on your next visit. You’ll be comfortable and will look forward to your next appointment for sure. 60% Australia love to have family dentist or local professional. It is easy to build friendly relation.
10. Open wide and say “ahh” – now that you’ve established your grounds, there’s no reason to be frightened anymore. Trust your dentist and you will be rewarded with a healthy and beautiful smile.
To sum up, teeth is very important organ in our body. We must need to give extra concern regarding any issues. Some people always try to get cheap dental procedures or take overseas poor dental treatment for saving money. It is not a good idea. It might affect very seriously with in short time. It is highly recommended to visit local dentist.